I hope that everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Last week was so fun and we are already getting antsy for Christmas and all that it entails : )
In light of the holiday season and tasty treats, I wanted to share an amazing carrot cake recipe given to me by Mark's grandma. Mark typically refers to this as"vegetable cake" and it's a HUGE hit at our place. 
I n s t r u c t i o n s
Set oven to 325
Mix Sugar & oil
Mix Sugar & oil
Add eggs one at a time
Combine dry ingredients and add to oil mixture, then add carrots
Pour mixture into one 9X13 pan or 4 round cake pans (standard size) if you want to stack as I do
Flour the pans a bit and bake for 30-45 minutes
Let the cakes cool on a rack for at least 15 minutes
Frost in between layers or if you just make it in one pan, frost the top
Frost in between layers or if you just make it in one pan, frost the top
c a k e
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups grated carrots
4 eggs
f r o s t i n g
1/2 stick butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. powdered sugar (entire bag)
2 tsp. vanilla
No comments:
Post a Comment